Come away and rest awhile... Take some comfort in the promise of things to come...







Tuesday, January 13, 2015

What does God look like?

I don't know...I often wonder what we will "see" when we are in heaven.  I know some things we will see like angels, and familiar faces if they chose to go there...I believe I will also see lost pets.  I believe Jesus in His human resurrected form will be there too. All the good characters from the Bible will be there...I also believe that the sights will be unbelievably incredible beautiful, beautiful pristine nature and stunning beautiful other worldly cities....But what about GOD, mainly speaking of God the Father? Will I see an beautiful older than time man with flowing white hair and beard that shines with an otherworldly light? I don't know....Sometimes though this image keeps coming to my mind. It has come several times off and on for a couple of years now...Its this image of a a clear fluid almost bubble like substance and yet not round, that is moving almost pulsing yet stationery. It is not approachable. It reminds me of a bubble you get when you blow them from the little bottles you had as a child.  This one emits a white light and is covered with rainbow like colors that also move as the bubble like form moves and pulsates.  There is also this incredible love, knowledge and sense of being unapproachable due to being so superior to everything that seems to radiate from it as well... There is this sense of awe... And yet I feel drawn from a distance to dwell on this image, this God thing I see... I wonder if maybe that is what I will see? Will GOD have a form? Can He have a form? Of course He can, He can do whatever HE wants...But will He? And if he does what form will He take?  I am drawn to this image that comes to mind on occasion because it's not human, its other worldly and yet its mysterious and powerful. Its unpredictable as its nothing I am familiar with...It emits power, love, knowledge and so much more. It has my attention and respect and there is a fear too, a fear of "wow, this is bigger than me and anything else I am familiar with and yet I am not frightened.... I wonder if that is what I will see when I finally get there....Only time will tell... Wish I could say I'll let you know but I can't. The only way you will know for sure WHAT God looks like is to go there yourself.... I can tell you fairly certainly what the other guy will look like but hopefully you won't need that info...

GG

No comments:

Post a Comment