Come away and rest awhile... Take some comfort in the promise of things to come...







Sunday, January 23, 2011

Just Thinking on Joys of Heaven, AGAIN...

Its funny but seems once you start thinking of heaven it just becomes a habit, something you just do without thinking about it anymore. It can happen at the most unexpected times. I think more people should try this especially when the world is such a dark place. It is a bright light, a place to go to cheer up and be given great hope for a better future.

Tonight as I was out doing my dogs it came to me again, thinking of heaven. I was thinking how if the world ended soon then these two dogs would be my last, how the white tacoma extra cab pickup that I'd love to have might never happen either...Sad thoughts really. But then heaven came to me and I realized that their I probably won't want the pick up, and in heaven I might have lots of extra pups to play with not just mine that I lost. It hit me how I can imagine such wonderful things for heaven but that GOD has even better ideas and plans for me once I get there. Things beyond my wildest ability to imagine or even hope for. Thinking on that for a few minutes out in the cold and dark doing the dogs it was like "wow" I have to get there, nothing else is as important! How could anyone even think of missing out on such beautiful wonders? How can anything here even come close to be worth more than that? If just what I can imagine of heaven, my lost pets, being in this beautiful pristine wonderland, lost friends, angels to accompany one, beautiful music beyond human composition, my daughter and I being forever together outside the bounds of this frail earth...so much more- how could anyone NOT want to do what it takes to get there. It just is beyond comprehension what awaits us there. We MUST meditate on it. It is such a motivation to be good to focus on the fact that (this)is only temporary, it will not last, even a 100 years is not even a drop in the bucket of time or eternity. Promise me that you will make an attempt to think on heaven at least once a day. Put your life into perspective! You truly only live once, wouldn't you rather it be in a magical place of unending wonders and joy? The alternative is not a good choice at all. I also use it to deal with human frailty here, age catching up with you and all its trimmings, loss, sacrifices, pain, injustice, so much more, its all going to pass...And if you wake up on the right side it will ALL be perfect! No more flaws, no more pain,loss, etc. Isn't that alone worth the daily decision to stay the path of righteousness? I think so. Granted we all are weak and fall but we must pick ourselves up and keep walking toward that Light that awaits us.

Peace!

GG

1 comment:

  1. Another great post, what can I say? :)

    Namrie, God bless, Anne Marie :)

    ReplyDelete